Sunday, October 10, 2021

It's Almost Hungarian Mushroom Soup Time: Five Recipes for Souper (Soup, Salad, & Sammie) Sundays

No new soup again this week. A new asthma maintenance inhaler I just started gave me a killer 2-day headache and cooking and soup making was not feeling like it would be a pleasure. But we do have a soup roundup, Hungarian Mushroom Soup recipes to be exact. It's a favorite and I saw someone post it on TickTock the other day and it sparked a craving. We are still about a month off of it being cool enough here for the true pleasure of this soup, but I can prepare by revisiting these five versions of it from my soup post archives.    

I have to start with my favorite Hungarian Mushroom Soup, a classic, from a favorite Portland, OR restaurant called Old Wive's Tales. It is the best and I was excited years ago to find a giant recipe on Food Network from the restaurant itself that I cut down. 



but I first posted it in 2008 (hence the bad picture).



The Old Wives Tale recipe was apparently inspired by this one from The Moosewood Cookbook. It's a little more mushroomy than the above, but still delicious.  



Creamy Hungarian Mushroom & Potato Soup made slightly healthier from Eating Well Magazine. 



Want your Hungarian Mushroom Soup vegan? We have a recipe for that, inspired from The Moosewood Cookbook and adapted from The Vegan Slowcooker by Kathy Hester. 


All of these are delicious. I may seek out or make up my own recipe for this fall but you can't go wrong with any of these. 

Now let's take a look into the Souper Sundays kitchen: 


Radha of The Magical Ingredients for a Wholesome Life From the Heart of my Home is here with this Grain-Free Garbanzo Bean, Pasta and Paneer Soup saying, "This is an amazing curried soup with garbanzo beans pasta, paneer, and veggies. A light cream soup full of bursting flavors is all you need after a long day. This curry gives the satisfaction of a soup with flavors of channa masala and paneer masala. Though it can be served as such, pairs well with garlic bread. This is one-pot meal and gets ready in 30 minutes.
 


Tina of Squirrel Head Manor shares a delicious Salad Plate from her recent visit to Omaha, saying, "This salad......I just can't tell you how much I wanted salad and some veggies after a few days of eating restaurant food. You can't see all the wonderful (to me) ingredients I have stacked here but it's lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, black olives, cheese, beets (lots of beets) which are hidden under the pasta salad on the left. Broccoli, radish and peas. So. Good."



Judee of Gluten Free A - Z Blog shared vegan and oil-free Tomato-Potato Soup, saying, "This delicious tomato potato soup will keep you coming back for more. It's light, yet filling, and a perfect hearty recipe for fall and winter. Not only does it call for a generous amount of chopped tomatoes, but it also contains potatoes, carrots, onions, and sweet peppers which add a rich satisfying flavor to the soup. Maybe I should have named it tomato vegetable soup?"


Thank you Radha, Tina, and Judee for joining me this week! 

(If you aren't familiar with Souper Sundays, you can read about of the origins of it here.
 
If you would like to join in Souper (Soup, Salad, and Sammie) Sundays, I would love to have you! Here's how...

To join in this week's Souper Sunday's linkup with your soup, salad or sandwich:
  • Link up your soup (stew, chili, soupy curries, etc. are fine), salad, or sandwich dish, (preferably one from the current week or month--but we'll take older posts too) on the picture link below and leave a comment on this post so I am sure not to miss you. Also please see below for what to do on your blog post that you link up to Souper Sundays in order to be included in the weekly round-up.
  • Although we are pretty wide on what defines a soup, sandwich or salad, entries that are clearly not in the same family (ie: desserts, meats, random main or side dishes that aren't salads, etc.) are meant for another round up and will be deleted. 
and 

On your entry post (on your blog):
  • Mention Souper (Soup, Salad & Sammies) Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen and add a link back to this post. (Not to be a pain but it's polite and only fair to link back to events you link up at--so if you link a post up here without linking back to this post or my blog on your post, it will be removed.)
  • You are welcome to add the Souper Sundays logo to your post and/or blog (completely optional).

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Have a happy, healthy week!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the Moosewood cookbooks and I surely do love mushrooms. I hope you get to be feeling better. Keeping you in my thoughts.

    I brought you a simple salad and a BLT sandwich this week.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)