Sunday, October 3, 2021

6 Restorative Miso Soups for Souper (Soup, Salad, & Sammie) Sundays

It's becoming a habit to laze through Sundays versus make a new soup. I expect I will be out of my funk soon and back to regular soup making but until then, here are some favorite miso soups to keep you company.

I make miso soup frequently on weeknights--whatever leftover veggie I have available, sometimes just the broth when I feel in need or restoration. Sometimes things get a little fancier and here are soups that prove that

Mark Bittman's Simple Miso Soup with Tofu, Mushroom and Noodles is nourishing, satisfying and delicious: 


Heidi Swanson's Turmeric Miso Soup with Tofu and Chunky Vegetables is bright, tasty, and perfect for fall:





If you are wanting a tofu alternative, Nigel Slater's Miso Soup with Prawns and Green Tea Noodles fits the bill, and you could replace the shrimp with chicken too:


And Donna Hay's Udon Noodles with Tofu & Asparagus in Miso Broth is simple, mellow, and comforting. 


And finally, my own Simple Miso Soup with Chickpeas and Pasta is not at all traditional but quick and easy when you need a mock chicken soup:


You can't go wrong with any of these soups plus the many others that use miso on the blog!




Since miso soups are a great way to ease or jump into fall, I am linking up with I Heart Cooking Clubs and our Leaping Into Autumn theme this week. 




There's no one in the Souper Sundays kitchen this week. Others are feel soup lazy too. ;-) But consider joining in next week or whenever you have a new soup, salad or sandwich recipe to share.


The details for joining in are below:



(If you aren't familiar with Souper Sundays, you can read about of the origins of it here.
 
If you would like to join in Souper (Soup, Salad, and Sammie) Sundays, I would love to have you! Here's how...

To join in this week's Souper Sunday's linkup with your soup, salad or sandwich:
  • Link up your soup (stew, chili, soupy curries, etc. are fine), salad, or sandwich dish, (preferably one from the current week or month--but we'll take older posts too) on the picture link below and leave a comment on this post so I am sure not to miss you. Also please see below for what to do on your blog post that you link up to Souper Sundays in order to be included in the weekly round-up.
  • Although we are pretty wide on what defines a soup, sandwich or salad, entries that are clearly not in the same family (ie: desserts, meats, random main or side dishes that aren't salads, etc.) are meant for another round up and will be deleted. 
and 

On your entry post (on your blog):
  • Mention Souper (Soup, Salad & Sammies) Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen and add a link back to this post. (Not to be a pain but it's polite and only fair to link back to events you link up at--so if you link a post up here without linking back to this post or my blog on your post, it will be removed.)
  • You are welcome to add the Souper Sundays logo to your post and/or blog (completely optional).

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter
Have a happy, healthy week!
 

3 comments:

  1. I like it when you do a roundup of the same sort of soups but with a different style. Definitely needing to try a few of these recipes.
    Next week I plan/hope to be back with a homemade soup or salad!

    While in Omaha I wasn't able to cook at all and I sure did miss that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy looking through a good roundup of soups and love how you titled them restorative - a great word for all the nourishment they provide. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tina. I love the roundups! I've never had miso before and I need to change that. I need to seek some out and try one of these with the noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)