Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Things I Am Loving This Week

Much like book stores and grocery stores, I can happily wander around health or natural food stores for ages, looking at what's new and finding new products and things I want to try and that I often end up loving. I guess we can call this "the natural food store edition" of the "Things I Am Loving This Week", the (mostly) food-related things that I am enjoying and think are fun to share with others. My finds this week were purchased recently from a couple of my favorite local health food stores.

Two things I really love are tea and chocolate so why not enjoy them together in these organic chocolate bars infused with tea and tisanes (non-tea herbal blends) from The Tea Room. There are eight different blends of dark, milk and white chocolate with pairings like Milk Chocolate Infused with Honeybush Caramel Tea, White Chocolate with Chamomile Tea & Honey, Extra Dark Chocolate with Green Mate, Star Anis & Nibs and Dark Chocolate with Raspberry Rooibos Tea


I have only tried a few of them so far but I like the combination of the creamy chocolate and the light tea flavors (the Dark Chocolate Infused with Green Earl Grey Tea is a favorite so far). I love the cute packaging too and think they would make a great gift combined with a tin or box of tea. 



With all the flu warnings, lately I have been dousing myself in hand sanitizer every time I get into my car or back in my house and I have a bunch of little sanitizer bottles stashed in my car and purses. Since I use it so much, I want a more natural, less chemical version and since I was running low of the brand I had, I looked for a similar natural one to replace them. I found the Organic Peppermint Hand Sanitizing Spray from EO. Made with organic peppermint oil, thyme, and other natural ingredients, I love how small and compact they are, the fact they are in a spray form and the peppermint scent which is energizing and smells like a yummy after dinner mint. 


The company makes larger sizes and other scents (lavender and eucalyptus) but I am loving the peppermint right now. 


We have already covered my love of snacking and my newest love and salty "fix" are these Humbles "Baked Hummus Chips" by Good Health Natural Products. Made of chickpea and rice flour and baked, they have less fat (about 55% less according to the company), than regular potato chips. 


They have great flavor and a nice crunch and come in three varieties: Olive Oil, Lemon & Feta (my fave of the three), Roasted Red Pepper and Sesame Garlic. They are great on their own, paired with soup or a sandwich, or dunked in a dip. I love baked chips that taste good enough that you forget they are baked and these have that quality.



So those are my natural food store finds and the "Things I Am Loving This Week". 

How about you? What products or things are you loving? 

11 comments:

  1. I love those chocolate bars - such great packaging!
    I confess, though I do know the term "tisanes", I generally say tea.. because I don't know how to pronounce it! (Don't tell anyone.. ;-)
    Good to know there are good, natural hand sanitizers. My daughter tends to use a lot of the mainstream stuff and it makes a mess out of her hands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a chocoholic, but I don't like tea, but those bars look really good!

    I love EO products. I have those sprays too. They recently came out w/hair care products and I can't wait to try them!

    Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those chocolate bars look wonderful! I love EO products too, especially their lavender scented line.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb... I'm not big on shopping, but I am one ‘heck of a wanderer’ through these kinds of stores. And when it is time to leave... my cart/basket is over flowing.

    The dark chocolate is amazing and so rich in flavor. I have to be careful not to eat the whole thing in one sitting.

    Great post and will have to try the Hummus Chips, thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds good, Deb! The tea and chocolate bars are so cute and unique. I would probably love the hummus chips. I'm going to keep an eye out for those! I am crazy about hand sanitizer too. My 8 year old has 3 bottles in her backpack :D But, my favorite thing that I am loving this week is that new cookbook!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmm chocolate...everything looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those chocolates look wonderful! I've been using different sanitizers, the latest is shea butter which I like, and peppermint sounds great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Natashya--you can say tea if you want or herbal blend! ;-)

    Sage-Mom--I have tried some of their bath stuff too and like it.

    Fresh, Local, Best--their lavender line does smell really good. ;-)

    George--IDK--sounds like you are a pretty good shopper to me! ;-)

    Kim--that book is on its way so you will be loving it soon! ;-)

    Kat--Knew you would like the chocolate. ;-)

    5 Star Foodie--a shea butter one sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those chocolates look delicious. I love all of the intriguing flavors. I will have to keep an eye out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm intrigued by the chocolate bars and will keep my eyes open for natural hand sanitizers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool stuff! I'll have to look out for them.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)