Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sparkling Strawberry Passion--A Bubbly "Simple Saturday Sipper"

I had some leftover lilikoi (passion fruit) juice from my curd making earlier in the week and wanted to put it in a cocktail since my last few "Simple Saturday Sippers" have been alcohol-free. I also was craving something bright and bubbly and thought that the tangy lilikoi juice would pair well with some sweet strawberry puree and prosecco (Italian sparkling wine). It turned out to be a beautiful, bright and tasty drink. Perfect for celebrating or for a festive brunch.



Sparkling Strawberry Passion
by Deb, Kahakai Kitchen
(Makes 1 drink--multiply as needed!)

1 ounce strawberry puree 
2 ounces passion fruit juice or puree
1 tsp agave or simple syrup
3 ounces prosecco (or champagne)

Place the strawberry puree in the bottom of a champagne glass, top with passion fruit juice and agave. Add prosecco and stir. Garnish with a strawberry if desired. Toast and enjoy!


Notes/Results: Sparkling, fruity and delicious! The flavors go together nicely and the drink is crisp but also lightly sweet. For the puree, I just whirred some slightly defrosted frozen strawberries in my mini chop and added just a touch of agave to sweeten them. If you can't locate a passion fruit puree or juice where you live you could substitute mango, peach or apricot juice or puree for a delicious drink. I will make these again, much like a bellini, they would be perfect for a brunch get-together. 




Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. Now that is my kind of drink, dahlin'!
    Gorgeous weekend fare, like a sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just become a proseco fan after having a glass in July. I have a few bottles and will have to make this. The color is gorgeous! Great photo and post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in...looks like the perfect brunch sipper :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sparkling alcoholic beverages. This seems to me like a much-better version of a mimosa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though I'm sipping a hot cup of tea right now I wish I had one of these. Makes me want to sit on the beach with my toes in the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this drink, very much like a Bellini. I could drink one, and another and I bet I'd really be feeling pretty good :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM! I could really get into that for a sunday brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks wonderful. Perfect for a brunch. I don't know where you find them, but please don't stop. You've become a great source for new drink recipes.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)