Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chilly & Cheery, Cherry Green Tea--An Antioxidant-Filled "Simple Saturday Sipper"

I'm feeling a bit behind this week and didn't plan out a "Simple Saturday Sipper" so I went to my pantry, fridge and freezer to whip up a healthy treat that has so many antioxidants I don't think you could possibly squeeze anymore in. With green tea, pure black cherry and pomegranate juices, and unsweetened frozen cherries, This Chilly & Cheery, Cherry Green Tea is a delicious, refreshing drink, that's not too sweet and is perfect for a pick-me-up, any time or season. Antioxidants prevent and repair damage done by free radicals and boost the immune system so you can feel good about indulging in this one. Watch out nasty cold and flu germs! ;-)


Chilly & Cheery, Cherry Green Tea 
by Deb, Kahakai Kitchen
(Serves 2)

1/2 cup brewed green tea, chilled
1/2 cup pure, unsweetened black cherry juice
1/2 cup unsweetened pomegranate juice
1/2 cup unsweetened frozen cherries
1 cup ice 

Blend all ingredients together in a blender, pour into tall glasses, garnish with mint and enjoy. 



Happy Saturday!

18 comments:

  1. What a dynamite colour! This is the perfect fix me up drink. I think you could also market it for the day-after-the-night-before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful picture, great color. I'm heading over to Whole Foods afterwhile, I hope I can find the cherry juice. This looks like something you should have a glass of every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the color!! And I could use a big glass of healthy...sounds yum :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb... The deep vibrant color, along with it's healthy effects makes this a definite Saturday sipper. Thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the best kind of Saturday Sipper - one that you can throw together at a moment's notice. This is beautiful and I can never get too many antioxidants in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this looks awesome never drank cherry juice must try

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a wonderfully healthy combination! I'm thrilled that you created a drink with pure cherry and pomegranate juices - they are so good for you!

    Thanks for helping to keep up healthy!

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. that really sounds good and its such a pretty color. Now, saying it....that's a bit of a tongue twister LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, well always dream to know the lovely Hawai and Im here!! je,je,
    love your blog and this lovely Tea, cheers!! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  11. yum!! I love green tea and cherries together. this looks wonderful andI might buy some cherries just so I can make myself one

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like what Natashya says about it being the perfect drink for the day-after-the-night before! Sounds like a tasty drink.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Given how chilly and dreary it's been here in MN, I'm more than happy to take sipfuls of chilly and cheery! Just looking at it lifts my spirits but the fact that it's also super healthy is the, ahem, cherry on top! 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds delicious and so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What fantastic color! I always keep my eyes open for a non-alcoholic treat for guests who do not drink. This looks terrific and will fit the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My favorite iced tea is a japanese cherry green tea. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow! I have never seen unsweetened cherry juice - sounds like a perfect beverage!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)