Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Mom's In The Kitchen: Raisin Bran Cookies

In case you were wondering, I don't just cook for Mom, she cooks for me too. When she asked me if I wanted her to bake me some chocolate chip cookies, I of course said yes but I also requested her Raisin Bran cookies too. Made with Raisin Bran Cereal, and similar to an oatmeal cookie only lighter and better, these are one of my very favorite cookies. My Mom has been making them forever and said she got the recipe from a Kellogg's Cereal pamphlet. Although I don't like to eat Raisin Bran as cereal, it makes a darn tasty cookie!


Raisin Bran Cookies
by Mom, from Kellogg's
-----
3/4 cup butter (or 3/4 cup of half butter & half butter flavor Crisco)
1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 eggs, beaten well
3 Tbsp milk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups Raisin Bran Cereal
1/2 cup raisins


Cream butter/shortening and sugar until fluffy. Add egg, beat well. Add dry ingredients, alternating with milk and vanilla, mix well. Add cereal and extra raisins and mix well using a spoon or spatula.

Drop by rounded teaspoonful on greased or parchment covered baking sheet. Bake at 365 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden. (Oven temps and times may vary so you may need to adjust for your oven).
Cool on pans for 1 minute or so and then remove to cooling racks. Makes about 3 1/2 dozen.

Soft, chewy and especially good warm, with a cup of cold milk.

Max, hanging out on the buffet behind the couch enjoying Grandma's visit.

9 comments:

  1. Cookies!
    What a good mom you have.
    My mother stopped baking some time in the 70's, I miss it.
    Great idea to make cookies from Raisin Bran, I never would have thought of it. (That way you can eat them for breakie too!)
    I love that there are extra raisins too, I am an oatmeal raisin sort of gal, these would be right up my alley.
    Beautiful plate too, I really have to add blue to my repertoire...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are lucky to have her baking/cooking for you :) enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't moms the best? Raisin Bran reminds me of being a kid too - these sound like a perfect trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, are you going to do a commercial like those guys on TV about Raisin Bran? It would be so cool. :) Love the cookies kiddo. I think I'll try making them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your mom - the cookies look great! I would love to have one right now for an afternoon break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how neat! Alex has been asking me to make him oatmeal raisn cookies, and I've resisted as he'd be the only one to eat them (Matt wouldn't touch 'em). But I actually Like Raisin Bran, so I may have to try these.

    Thanks, Deb's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Natashya--if you like oatmeal raisin you will love these! (BTW--I did eat a couple for breakfast!)

    Kat--I am lucky and my waistline knows it! ;-)


    Michelle--Moms are great!

    Teresa--Thanks! I think you will like them!

    Peggy--I wish I could send you one!

    Stephanie--I hope you do--I think you will like them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Raisin bran means they are good for you, right? Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute with the grass behind! Hope you are happy and well :-)

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)