Saturday, April 24, 2010

Limoncello Champagne Cocktails with Mint: A Sweet, Tangy & Sparkling "Simple Saturday Sipper"

I love Limoncello, Mojitos and the occasional Lemon Drop, so when I saw this recipe for Limoncello Champagne Cocktails with Mint in this month's Bon Appétit, it seemed like a great combination of all three drinks and the perfect refreshing spring cocktail and "Simple Saturday Sipper" for this week.


The recipe can be found in the May 2010 Bon Appétit magazine & online at Epicurious here.


Limoncello Champagne Cocktails with Mint
Bon Appétit, May 2010
(Makes 2 Servings)

1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
1/4 cup limoncello
2 tablespoons sugar plus additional for dipping Champagne flutes
Lemon peel strips from 1 lemon
4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon wedge
1 cup (about) chilled Champagne or sparkling wine

Place mint, limoncello, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon strips in blender; blend until mint is finely chopped (lemon peel will be coarsely chopped), 10 seconds. Strain into small cup; discard solids.

Run lemon wedge around rim of 2 Champagne flutes. Dip rims into sugar. Divide limoncello mixture and lemon juice between flutes. Top with Champagne.


Notes/Results: Refreshing, lightly sweet and a little tangy, this is a fun and sparkling cocktail to enjoy in the warmer weather. I used a teaspoon of agave in place of the sugar, prosecco for the sparkle, and some mint-flecked mojito glass rimming sugar I had sitting around the pantry to coat the rims of the flutes. This is a great little drink and I could easily see making up a big batch of the limoncello-mint mixture and lemon juice in a big pitcher, grabbing a couple of bottles of Champagne or sparkling wine, and serving it at a party. I will make this one again.

Happy Saturday!

What are you drinking today?! ;-)

13 comments:

  1. I could have used one of these to start off my night out last night! It looks way more delicious than the martinis one of my friends attempted to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Those sound wonderful! I love limoncello martinis. This sounds even better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gave in...created an account so I could comment. I've wanted to many times because you make such fabulous things! Limoncello...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds fabulous Deb! After much searching, I finally found a bottle of Limoncello today:D I've been searching for months. This cocktail sounds fabulous. I'll take two...they will help me relax while I wait for out nasty weather to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How perfect for summer! This looks amazing. I must get some limoncello.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love limoncello, but it never seems to make the shopping list. I need to branch out. A cocktail like this is perfect for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanne--this is a good one--although good enough to be dangerous! ;-)

    Kat--thanks! It is pretty yummy! ;-)

    Katty--Cheers to you too! ;-)

    Terri--If you like the martinis I am sure you will like these. ;-)

    Rene'--aww shucks...I am honored! ;-) Mahalo!

    Kim--they are sunny and bright and perfect for ignoring the bad weather! ;-)

    Foodycat--yes, they would be perfect for summer or any warm day. ;-)

    Lori--sneak some in your shopping basket--these are worth it. ;-)

    Rebecca--thank you! ;-)

    C.G.--Mahalo! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so refreshing and delicious! Love your pictures - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooomg...I love limoncello and champagne! and with those additions? well, thats taking it to a whoooole new level! YUM

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)