Sunday, January 23, 2022

Three Cheesy Soups for Souper (Soup, Salad, & Sammie) Sundays

Yeah, still not doing much cooking, or blogging, or taking pictures of the food I do make which has been a lot of melted cheese on toast and the occasional veggie. So this week, I bring you three cheesy soups to enjoy.

Corn and Cheese Chowder Adapted from Love Soup by Anna Thomas is warming, flavorful with herbs and spices, slightly decadent and a good way to get a dose of veggies in. 


Nigel Slater's A Rich Root and Cheese Soup for a Winter's Day (Parsnip & Gruyere Soup) which is easy comfort food and easily adaptable to another root veggie and cheese.  


Broccoli Cheddar Soup is always a good thing, especially when it's served in a bread bowl! I modeled this one after Panera's.  


You can't go wrong with any of these!  


I didn't get a post up last week but let's let's see who is waiting in the Souper Sundays kitchen from the week before.

Tina of Squirrel Head Manor shared two recipes, first up a salad, saying "This ought not count as a recipe but - here is Ina Garten's simple Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Salad. I drizzled balsamic vinegar and olive oil on the tomatoes to add some taste. It really isn't tomato season here - it needed something." 


Next is Lentil and Tomato Soup, she says, "Today I am sharing a healthy lentil soup recipe inspired by Giada DeLaurentis and Deb at Kahakai Kitchen. It's been chilly here with morning temps greeting us at 37 F / 3 C. A hot lunch was planned and I had just about everything in the pantry and fridge. ... It was easy to prepare and a nice warming bowl of comfort on a chilly day. We had it with a grilled cheese one day and that was quite satisfying."


Melynda of Scratch Made Kitchen brought a salad too, saying "Don't give up eating salad in the wintertime. Not when you can make this easy and delicious layered salad ahead of time, then just toss and serve...inspired by Tyler Florence, Black-Eyed Pea, and Tomato SaladThis hearty salad makes a lovely first course along with some crusty whole-grain bread. Also, a perfect high-protein salad to offer on Soup and Salad night!"  


Thank you Tina and Melynda for joining me! 

(If you aren't familiar with Souper Sundays, you can read about of the origins of it here.
 
If you would like to join in Souper (Soup, Salad, and Sammie) Sundays, I would love to have you! Here's how...

To join in this week's Souper Sunday's linkup with your soup, salad or sandwich:
  • Link up your soup (stew, chili, soupy curries, etc. are fine), salad, or sandwich dish, (preferably one from the current week or month--but we'll take older posts too) on the picture link below and leave a comment on this post so I am sure not to miss you. Also please see below for what to do on your blog post that you link up to Souper Sundays in order to be included in the weekly round-up.
  • Although we are pretty wide on what defines a soup, sandwich or salad, entries that are clearly not in the same family (ie: desserts, meats, random main or side dishes that aren't salads, etc.) are meant for another round up and will be deleted. 
and 

On your entry post (on your blog):
  • Mention Souper (Soup, Salad & Sammies) Sundays at Kahakai Kitchen and add a link back to this post. (Not to be a pain but it's polite and only fair to link back to events you link up at--so if you link a post up here without linking back to this post or my blog on your post, it will be removed.)
  • You are welcome to add the Souper Sundays logo to your post and/or blog (completely optional).

 

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Have a happy, healthy week!

 

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Deb. I cannot remember the last time i joined in, but truth is my blogging days are slowing down. I do have something this time though and hope it will suffice as a salad. And that Corn and Cheese Chowder adapted from Love Soup by Anna Thomas looks so good, i may have a go making it as i have most of the ingredients at home and the cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheese always call to me. I may be taking an online break for posting but will check in on your blog here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't been cooking new things lately, kind of making my favorite recipes over and over again. I haven't been eating cheese for about a year now, but I can still appreciate a good recipe when I see it. Love Soup is one of my favorite soup cookbooks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soups here today! I finally am posting something that I can link up!!! A salad! It's been a while...

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)