Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ile De France Camembert Stuffed Sliders


Once again my two favorite words just might be "Free Cheese"--especially when that cheese comes from Ile De France and it is their new recipe Normandie Camembert. Since I enjoyed their original recipe Camembert so much, (evidence of that enjoyment here), I was excited to try the new recipe which is made from the milk of herds that graze exclusively in the Normandy region of France. I wasn't disappointed, the new cheese is very smooth and creamy with a slight nuttiness and some earthy notes.


It was delicious just spread on some fresh bread, but I wanted to do something different and preferably "melty" with it. I had some grass-fed Maui ground beef and some little French rolls both from the farmers market, so I whipped up some Camembert Stuffed Sliders.


With chunks of Camembert inside the burgers (plus a little more spread on the toasted rolls), these sliders were full of oozy, cheesy goodness. Because it is a soft cheese, the Camembert sort of melts into the center of the burger and infuses the cheese flavor throughout. With so much flavor these burgers didn't need much else so I just added some local spinach and tomatoes--also from the farmers market. Very tall mini burgers, very juicy and messy but oh so good.


Thanks Ile De France! ;-)

17 comments:

  1. yum! just ate, these would be nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the brie-stuffed bobby flay burgers I made earlier this year, I know these must be a hit. Free cheese. Alwyas a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my, brie and burgers? holy cow that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine how good these were!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound delish! I love a good cheesy burger!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is absolutely making me drooling, yum yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the second blog burger I've seen this morning. It's not even 8:30. Killing me! I'm a little bit jealous of free cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my these look scrumptious! I usually don't eat beef burgers, but with the camembert stuffed inside I couldn't resist! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stuffed burgers are a favorite. Stuffed Camembert sliders sound very decadent. With a nice glass of Pinot, who could ask for more?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stuffed anything is good for us, especially if there is cheese inside. How do you go wrong with lots of cheese?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deb, these look fantastic -- I love the idea of cooking a soft cheese into the middle of a burger/slider! I can't wait to try this on for size (and inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I like burgers...errr...sliders too with the cheese inside better than the outside. Must be all that melty goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh Deb - they look gorgeous - I've never tried putting the cheese actually in my burger patties before. Note to self - make this for boyfriend next week - he will be very happy boyfriend!
    Sue :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. They look awesome, sliders stuffed with cheese, that sounds like agreat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're after my heart with these Deb! It's been too long since I had a good burger. This is mouth-watering!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Did somebody say free cheese? My inner cheeseslut is tingling... Yeah, serious goodness on the plate, here! They sound beyond good, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These sliders look absolutely amazing. Great photo Deb.

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)