Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Foodies Read Challenge 2016

If you read this blog regularly and check out my book review/food pairings, join in the bi-monthly Cook the Books foodie virtual book club event I co-host, or stop by my Goodreads page, you know I read A LOT. 

Although I read a variety of genres, food-related books will always be my favorite so I was excited to find out about the Foodies Read 2016 challenge from some of my like-minded blogger friends. 

For this event you can pick your own books--any genre--just as long as food is a big part of the plot. (That's not going to be a problem I think!)

 
There are various challenge levels to choose from:

Short-Order Cook: 1 to 3 books
Pastry Chef: 4 to 8 books
Sous-Chef: 9 to 13 books

Chef de Cuisine: 14 to 18
Cordon-Bleu Chef: More than 19
 


Or, if you don't like to tie yourself to a level, you can just go ala carte and drop in whenever you want. I have always been an overachiever (and I am already on my third foodie book of the 2016) so I am shooting for Cordon-Blue Chef.  

I'll tag any related post as Foodies Read and I'll keep a log of my books--not sure where yet

If you want to join in the fun, the Foodies Read Challenge is led by Heather of Based on a True Story and you can read all about Foodies Read and join in by going to the sign up post.  
 

10 comments:

  1. My book club sometimes does book related food for our meet ups. I am looking forward to this! Thanks for sharing and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are off to a great start! The January link up page is up here - http://www.spiritblog.net/january-foodies-read-link-up/- when you have posts ready. Can't wait to see what you read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather! I will be getting them posted throughout the month. Really looking forward to this. ;-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Deb, January and my thoughts turn to sunnnnnnny spots! And books about sunny places.. Loved Hawaii and its fresh fish as Suisan Auction in Hilo..and so much more. Looking forward to this Foodies Read Challenge 2016. It may not be as healthy as some Hawaiian dishes, but loved the loco moco, when there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loco moco is worth the calories sometimes Dorette. ;-) Looking forward to seeing your posts for the challenge. Aloha!

      Delete
  4. Oh what a fab idea! I read all sorts of foodie books, I'm currently reading Kitchens of the Great Midwest by J Ryan Stradal and really enjoying it! I have a list on my blog of foodie books too! I'm a librarian by profession so books as well as food are definitely my thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wanting to read that one Nicola--I will be looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Thanks for stopping by. ;-)

      Delete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)