Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Announcing Food 'n Flix for June: "No Reservations" (I'm Hosting!)

Being both a foodie and a film buff, I am delighted to host the Food 'n Flix event for June. Food 'n Flix is the brainchild of my pal girlichef and it is the opportunity to watch a fun, foodie flick and then get creative in the kitchen, coming up with a dish inspired by it.


My film choice for June is No Reservations, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones, Aaron Eckhart and Abigail Breslin. Based heavily on a German movie called Mostly Martha, No Reservations is about an intense, perfectionist chef, Kate (Zeta-Jones), who has difficulty in relating to people and is happiest tucked away in the kitchen of the restaurant.


Kate's sister dies suddenly and her young niece Zoe (Breslin), comes and lives with her. Mourning her sister and trying to settle in with her niece, Kate takes time off work and comes back to find someone new invading her kitchen sanctuary--sexy, laid-back and talented sous-chef Nick (Eckhart). Both threatened by and attracted to Nick and struggling to relate to Zoe and manage her new responsibilities, Kate finds her well-ordered life suddenly turned upside down.


I won't deny that it is a simple light and fun romantic chick flick. But it is a sweet little movie with likeable characters, set in a restaurant full of drool-worthy food and it has Aaron Eckhart for Pete's sake! (speaking of drool-worthy!) It's the perfect movie for sunny, happy June.


You don't need a reservation to join in on the Food 'n Flix fun! Simply find a copy of No Reservations to watch then hit your kitchen and come up with a dish inspired by it. The full details and guidelines are below.


How to participate in Food 'n Flix:

1. Rent, buy, beg, borrow or steal June's film selection (No Reservations) and watch it (drooling over Aaron Eckhart is strictly optional but advised). ;-) Taking inspiration from the film, head into the kitchen and cook, bake or make something.

2. Post about it on your blog with a link back to THIS post and a link to Food 'n Flix. Use of the logo is optional.

3. Your post must be current (during month of film). And of course we don't mind if your post is linked to other events...the more the merrier.

4. Have fun with it!

5. Email me at debinhawaii@gmail.com by the deadline and include the following:
  • Your name
  • Your blog's name and URL
  • The name of your dish and the permalink to the specific post you're submitting
  • Attach a photo of your dish (or just give me permission to "pull" one from your post)
  • Indicate "Food 'n Flix Submission" in the subject line
Deadline for submission is: June 30th
(Watch for the roundup to be posted here shortly after this deadline!)


I look forward to seeing what you all create! ;-)

7 comments:

  1. I love this movie in that chick flick-love kind of way! Excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so long since I've seen this film...and I'm need of a good drool-session ;) Fantastic choice, Deb...thanks so much for hosting this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool event... happy hosting - June is a bad month for me and events, since I have loads of family visiting, irony being we'll be doing plenty of movies and food but will not have the time to blog so much! But... I will certainly try :) happy hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited to play along with this one. Gonna have to send the kids off so I can watch this one again and think of something to make. Loved all the pictures you chose!

    Off to catch up with your posts from this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen this one in a while; will have to track it down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I love this movie. Going to try to come up with something. It's been a while since I've seen it so I'll need a review. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Morning,
    Just e-mailed you my submission. I'm ready to go home and have more pasta. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)