- Confidence: Knowing your own self-worth (Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice)
- Pragmatism: Responding to tumult with calm and acceptance and problem solving (Elinor Dashwood, Sense and Sensibility)
- Diligence: Getting things through hard work and diligence (Anne Elliot, Persuasion)
- Integrity: Following your values and moral compass (Fanny Price, Mansfeld Park)
- Playfulness: Retaining your passion and sense of wonder (Catherine Morland, Northanger Abbey)
- Humility: Be open and willing to learn from mistakes (Emma Woodhouse, Emma)
Note: A review copy of Kicking Ass in a Corset was provided to me by the author and the publisher via TLC Book Tours. I was not compensated for this review and as always, my thoughts and opinions are my own.