Saturday, May 3, 2008

Frozen Key Lime Pie



So a few Saturdays ago I had the Food Network on and saw a Quick Fix with Robin Miller episode. She made a roasted asparagus soup and beef tacos with a roasted asparagus salsa but for some reason I became fixated on a simple frozen pie. It was Frozen Key Lime Pie with only 5 ingredients (frozen whipped topping, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, lime zest and a prepared graham cracker crust). Lets face it--it really is the fast food edition of a Key Lime pie but it looked cool and creamy and good and I wanted it. Since it is so easy it practically makes itself, I decided to try it the next time I came across key limes or key lime juice in the grocery store. On my shopping trip this morning, there they sat, a small bag of decent looking key limes so I bought the rest of the ingredients and whipped it up this afternoon. Easy, pretty tasty with nice creamy texture and tangy lime flavor, it would hit the spot on a hot day or after a spicy meal.

You can find the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)